

Sandro and I had a beautiful Christmas here in sunny Florida, celebrating a traditional Noche Buena (Christmas Eve) Peruvian style with a really great Peruvian family we've come to love and spend a lot of time with. When we arrived at Gloria's house she was making two kinds of pork, a turkey and ham. We had to wait until after mass at midnight to eat when we returned to their home, sat down at a formal dining table and feasted. There was rice, papa a la huancaina (potatoes in a parmesan/egg sauce - so good), mixed vegetables, aji de gallina (chicken in a parmesan/bread saude - hard to explain, you just have to try), apple sauce (not sure why), topped off with a coconut wreath cake which I made (filled with cherries).
We then shared gifts with the family until 3:00 in the morning when we headed home. Unfortunately, the next morning Sandro and I came down with a cold for me and flu for him, not fun. He says that was his gift, but really it was a sonic tooth brush, clothes, Glenn Beck's book, underwear, mug that says "Future Millionaire," and lots of sweets. Sandro was very thoughtful with me this year and got me an AeroGrow which allows me to plant indoor herbs year round and my favorite perfume, Gardenia by Mark Jacobs. Plus the best stocking stuffers ever including a plastic tomatoe, lemon and red onion to store cut up tomatoes, lemons and onions and a veggie sink brush. Either I love the kitchen or he's trying to get me to cook more. Take a guess...
We're happy to say our families are doing really well and we had the chance over the holidays to catch up and share some love. Sandro's Mom today successfully returned home from a minor surgery which was a relief for us both, especially Sandro as I'm sure you can imagine.
I caught up with most of my closest friends in Cali which was the BEST! Ritamae's apartment is as adorable as ever, Fara and Vicky are happy, Cyrel has started her own private chef business and Biasha's living in beautiful Windsor north of Petaluma. I spent two nights in Elk Grove with Juan, Carola and Scarlett - she now gives hugs and kisses at ten months! She is the sweetest thing ever.
We then shared gifts with the family until 3:00 in the morning when we headed home. Unfortunately, the next morning Sandro and I came down with a cold for me and flu for him, not fun. He says that was his gift, but really it was a sonic tooth brush, clothes, Glenn Beck's book, underwear, mug that says "Future Millionaire," and lots of sweets. Sandro was very thoughtful with me this year and got me an AeroGrow which allows me to plant indoor herbs year round and my favorite perfume, Gardenia by Mark Jacobs. Plus the best stocking stuffers ever including a plastic tomatoe, lemon and red onion to store cut up tomatoes, lemons and onions and a veggie sink brush. Either I love the kitchen or he's trying to get me to cook more. Take a guess...
We're happy to say our families are doing really well and we had the chance over the holidays to catch up and share some love. Sandro's Mom today successfully returned home from a minor surgery which was a relief for us both, especially Sandro as I'm sure you can imagine.
I caught up with most of my closest friends in Cali which was the BEST! Ritamae's apartment is as adorable as ever, Fara and Vicky are happy, Cyrel has started her own private chef business and Biasha's living in beautiful Windsor north of Petaluma. I spent two nights in Elk Grove with Juan, Carola and Scarlett - she now gives hugs and kisses at ten months! She is the sweetest thing ever.

2 comments:
I'm so happy that you got your AeroGrow. Sounds like Sandro had you fooled! Having you here for a visit was so much fun. Come back soon.
that baby sure is cute!!
Post a Comment