Friday, February 1, 2008

Castro Indoor Herb Garden - Hydroponic

Italian Herb Mix started on December 27, 2007, supposedly would take 6-8 weeks for plants to appear. It's a water base system with nutrients in water, light is on for 16 hours, automatically turns off at night. We love it!























6 weeks later we have mint, purple basil, regular basil, chives (barely), and thyme. Two of the pods never grew so we called the company and requested cherry tomatoes in their place which we'll plant once we've used all these herbs. Appears these herbs will grow for several months and you simply keep cutting them back (taking no more than 1/3 of the plant at any given time). And it grows back fast! So far I've added the basil to eggs in the morning and tried to make mint tea (didn't work). I can't wait for the chives. Does anyone have recipes that call for thyme? I don't know what to cook with thyme.

2 comments:

The Gibsons said...

Love the semi-smile! That indoor herb thing is pretty neat!

Carlos said...

Sandro,

En la primera foto parece que estas volando un avión. Esta mostro ese aparatito...!